Monday, May 10, 2021

37.1

Lillian and I have made it through the last 5 days with flying colors.  This child has passed every test thrown her way.  She may look grumpy on her ultrasound photos while doing so, but she’s performed admirably.  She had a great non-stress test on Thursday.  Monday, she got an 8/8 on her biophysical profile.  She’s practice breathing, moving big, has good muscle tone, and the right amount of fluid. 

I’ve felt moderately better.  The extra appointments and positive findings were a huge relief.  Plus Lillian is back to her normal rowdy self the last few days after a few days of being rather low-key for her.  She was doing enough, but neither one of us felt totally right, either.  I’m definitely more controlled on the Ursodiol medication.  It’s not a cure-all...but the itching is mostly tolerable until about 3-5AM.  This at least has given me the ability to fall asleep at a more normal time without scratching my skin off and considering filleting myself.  When I’m not itching, I get some colicky right upper quadrant pain.  It’s not terrible, I just notice an ache. Although Lil’s feet have been in my diaphragm quite a bit, so it could be totally her fault. 

I’ve gotten plenty of texts, phone calls, and messages the last few days, and I wanted to take a minute to say how very well cared for I feel to have each of you praying and thinking of us.  I have had a sense of calm now since I received the phone call with my lab results and a plan.  Honestly, it’s really nice having a chance to pack a bag, to not feel as awful the day before I went into labor with Matt, and know that soon I’ll have miss Lillian hooked up to a fetal monitor through this whole process.  

I wasn’t induced with Matt, so I’m going in blind.  I didn’t feel all my contractions with Matt, but by the time I presented to OB triage I was contracting every 2 minutes.  I was only feeling every 6th or 7th one.  Matt was also very low in my pelvis...Lillian is not so much.  So I’m not sure how quick or not this induction will go.  I labored with Matt for 5.5 hours...this may be a little big longer...but who knows. 

Matt keeps telling me he’s very excited to meet Lillian.  I’m excited for him to meet her, too.  I have no doubt that he will be the best big brother a kid sister could have.  He’s too sweet to not be.  He is having some extra clingy moments, and I’ve tried to cherish those.  In fact we played “Hot Wheels” and “Dinosaurs”, and then “Hot Wheels Dinosaurs” tonight.  Again, a perk of this induction is that I felt well enough to have this last evening with him as an only child.  He’s also back to repossessing his long lost “treasures” (rattles, and baby toys).  At least he states he will share them with Lillian...

Well, I just wanted to let you know all is as well as can be headed in to this induction.  Again, thank you for your love, support, thoughts and prayers as we tackle this next hurdle.  

Peace, love, and prayerful anticipation,
Mary Katherine and BJ


 

No comments:

Post a Comment