Saturday, January 25, 2014

Hello 2014


So, um...yeah...  My life this year thus far...

NCLEX - Pass
Employed - check
Out of Classroom Orientation - check
Getting BJ on Vitamins - check
Picking out an egg donor - see above...

I really don't know how people pick out the genetic mother of their children...it shouldn't be allowed.  I just want to channel No Doubt's song "Don't Speak", or invoke Miranda Rights on all potential egg donors.  I mean c'mon...if you're going to want me to pay you a donation fee upwards of 3K and some ask for a lot more, would you not think that reading over your profile before posting it might be a good idea?

For example, here is an anonymous quote from a donor under 'Message to Recipients':
"To appreciate what life can provide them, and to be really patient and lovely with each other with was gonna be next, love, respect and patience is basic in a family."

After reading this I went to the bathroom and smiled to make sure I wasn't having a stroke or aneurysm...I wasn't.  

I can't even...

Just no...

I mean a typo, whatever, but this is just one of many that sound like they could care more about Jimmy Choo than actually donating.

Just tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies...that's all I ask. Pretend you like to read things other than the Twilight series. Pretend you like to watch movies other than the Twilight movies...pretend. Pretend Justin Beiber getting arrested is not the worst thing that has happened in the history of forever...Have the sense to think, 'Oh, some crotchety, old 30-something might want to know I have some depth.'

Alas...this has been much harder than we ever imagined and I am pretty discouraged. Usually that means something good is about to come around the corner so I'll just have a margarita and wait for it...


Peace, Love, and With Salt, Please,

Mary Katherine

1 comment:

  1. I've watched too much You've Got Mail this week- but this totally reminds me of when she says, "As if you were one of those stupid 22 year-old girls with no last name, 'Hi I'm Kimberly!'"
    So much love to you and respect for you! You are truly an amazing woman. I pray and cross all my fingers! Good luck **HUGS**

    ReplyDelete