Wednesday, December 9, 2015

32 Weeks and Plugging away!!!



Pico and I have made it to 32 weeks today!!! That's craziness... It's like I'm really going to have a baby on the outside!! (How many times have I said that?)  Meanwhile, Pico has sure been busy on the inside the past couple of weeks. Ze moves and rolls and practice walks/crawls and stretches, and overall I'm not exactly sure what Pico has going on in there. But ze seems very busy, regardless, and I  LOVE it.

This week's successes include finishing up my first quarter of graduate school...and...no, yeah, that's pretty much it... I did have a prenatal massage today, and it was amazing...so much so, that I fell asleep during it, which isn't fair...because for all I know she quit and left me there, but I have no proof.  So I either had an amazing massage or an expensive nap...I'll never know...

My 32 week appointment went without a hitch.  I'm measuring a wee bit short of 31 weeks, but that's totally fine with me... at 5'1" a wee baby would work out just fine for us.  I think I have an ultrasound at 36 weeks to check growth, so we shall see how big, or not, little Pico has gotten.  Pico's heart rate is perfectly beating away in the 130s to 140s.  I also got my TDAP shot because what is one more shot?  I think I'm done with them at this point, though.  I can't think of any other shots I could take aside from my remaining RhoGham dose after delivery...I think BD Syringes and Needles should sponsor this pregnancy...

We have much ahead of us in the coming week.  BJ's getting his big ass tonsils removed and his nasal septum straightened, so he's in for a bit of a haul.  Somehow, this is my fault because I made him go to a doctor...you know how that goes... I'm excited for him to be more comfortable and breathe better, but I hate that this is such a nasty surgery for adults.  Hopefully, he'll be a good patient and not get too uncomfortable.  I'm looking forward to 2 or 3 weeks after the surgery...

Well, sorry for yet another boring blog post... but at 32 weeks, I am...

...down 2 lbs..for a net of +4 lbs. ...I dont' think I lost weight so much as I peed after my last doctor's appointment.  I was pretty bloated from sitting around and eating salty foods the entire weekend while judging a gymnastics meet.
...Feeling slow, but great.  I mean, it's more of a process to extract myself from my body pillow to go pee in the middle of the night.  It's also much harder to breathe if I'm not sitting up or lying straight. I feel like Pico is pretty excited about reaching my diaphragm.  Who am I kidding?  I love it, too!  But still nothing to complain about.  Everything is easily managed with either Tums or position changes. I'm having Braxton Hicks contractions a little more regularly and more intensely, but they are not painful at all. Just feels like flexing any other muscle!
...Craving...nothing exciting...sometimes somebody brings something up, and I'm like, 'ooh, that sounds good.'  I'm just not a creative craver...
...Averse to swelling...my compression hose and sleeves are my best friends right now. It's just my legs, and my BP is still subnormal, so it's nothing to worry about, but it does recreate my compartment syndrome and give me dropfoot if I let it go...which is the last thing you need to have when you are a natural-born klutz.
...In love with my family and friends.  BJ and I have just been so blessed with love and support from so many people.  The genuine excitement people have shown for us just melts my heart.  Pico, you are already so loved by so many people who can't wait to see your little face.



Peace, Love, and Busy Babies

Mary Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment