Monday, December 21, 2015

33.5...In-Law Christmas and Yes, MK this pregnancy is real...

For the last 5 Christmases, I have been growing ever more curmudgeonly.  I figured I would be full-out grinch this year.  Celebrating an immaculate conception is trying to say the least to an infertile.  While I love and still do love seeing all my friends torture their kids by putting them on a stranger's lap, it gets hard after a while because you just don't know if you will ever get the chance to photographically memorialize your child's innermost fears.  It's been absolutely heart-breaking at the thought of never hearing the pitter-patter of little feet fluttering down the stairs to see what happened Christmas Eve night.



Instead, I'm just so full of amazement and wonderment at this whole pregnancy thing.  I mean, there is literally a child, who knows nothing of Christmas or Santa or anything else (Ok...except Chanticleer, The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Mannheim Steamroller and the Vienna Boys Choir) rolling away in my belly.  My belly is so full of Christmas Joy.  I can't wait for next Christmas just to see zyr's little face light up at lights and shiny things (it is MY child after all).

It still amazes me that we are already this far along.  I'll be 34 weeks in 2 days! That is crazy.  I seriously thought this would feel like the longest pregnancy in the history of the world since I got a bonus month of hormones to prep for the cycle.  I mean, we've known every single step of the way of this pregnancy.  The hundred and some shots, the tons of pills, doesn't seem like all that long ago, but here I am all low-risk, healthy, and so extrememly blessed.

It occurred to me today, that we were probably supposed to have pre-registered at the hospital by now.  Perhaps finishing the nursery might be a good idea, and all the pregnancy apps tell me I need to pack a bag for the hospital, and I'm just like, 'but I just got pregnant!' I even meant to ask about that at my doctor's appointment, but I forgot, because...I'm just on pregnancy cruise control.

It' been a busy week or so. BJ had his surgery last week and has really been a trooper.  We heard all these horror stories about adult tonsillectomies, and while he's not been totally comfortable, he's not complained one bit.  Even with a crappy, long hospital stay at Wal-mart Memorial Hospital where they don't let common sense get in the way of their patient care...*sigh*...Anyway, he's been so good!!!! He has set the bar pretty high for me when it comes to laboring.  I'm gonna have to go all Scientologist to compete with him...

We had a wonderful time at our In-Law Christmas.  There was lots of laughter and love.  Emma Grace only growled once at her Uncle Cody for trying to play with one of her new Christmas toys...sigh... I got some cute stuff for me for after the baby that I'm pretty excited about.  BJ trooped through and seems to be enjoying his new toys and even participated in the Christmas meal.  

I had an appointment and a "for better pictures" ultrasound today.  I'm measuring "perfectly", and the heart rate was 136.  Dr. Bullen performed the US and Pico is still gender neutral, and we have yet to see Pico's face.  Pico 16-Mommy and Daddy 0.  Our camera shy child has his or her face completely buried in the placenta.  Dr. B tried to do the 4D photo thing, but with both our heads tilted, we couldn't even decide what we were really looking at...So I didn't get any print outs from this one.  There was barely any fluid between Pico's face, and the placenta. We saw Pico chewing and moving (and the tone was good, adequate fluid, and practice breathing...not that I was doing a biophysical profile or anything...I'm seriously a nightmare patient in my head...).

We did talk a little about how late, because I'm convinced I'm going to go late, he'd let me go before inducing.  It sounds like nobody is going to get too prickly if I go post-dates, and I am totally expecting to because...this took 5.5 years...of course it will be FOREVER!  I could totally be wrong, but I doubt it...

Anyway, at 33.5 weeks I am...

...holding @ +4 lbs.  There is just no room in the inn...for anything, especially not for air or food.
...craving...a salty, lime and tequila-infused concoction with a salt-rim.  Instead, I'll have a little bit of sprite and cranberry juice in a martini glass and call it a "pregnant cosmo".
...averse to eating if I've eaten in the last 6-8 hours.  There isn't any room!!!
...in love with these big rolls, kicks and punches.  It's just so much fun to have this little being go all crazy inside my belly.  Pico is a very busy tiny human...very busy...I'm still worried about the lack of sleep going on... In fact, the other night I was sleeping with my hip propped up on my body pillow and I got kicked so hard my whole body rocked.  I had no clue how strong a fetus could be!!!

Peace, love, and Mystery Babies (With No Pictures to Share)

Mary Katherine Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment