Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Gradum Tempore

Well the hours are ticking by ever so slowly. I'm really anxious to get this process going. I had my last glass of wine Sunday, my last pill on Monday, and my first IVF acupuncture session today. It's so strange not doing anything like taking drugs or having my blood drawn for so long. I can't remember the last time I went 10 days without going to the fertility clinic. How sad is that?

Not to worry though, I have appointments Thursday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. So I will catch back up. I'm going to need a new hobby once I've finished fertility treatments. Hopefully one that will include changing diapers and cleaning up spit-up. But it does seem to really take over your life. It reminds me of the "Seasons of Love" song from RENT. I've measured a year of my life in doctors appointments and procedures. I cannot imagine having a chronic illness. Many props to those of you who troop through everyday dealing with a disease. While some will argue that infertility is a chronic condition, at least the cure gives you an awfully cute baby to look forward to. Not so much with any other disease.

Anyway, after talking with an acupuncture expert last week, I've started receiving treatments again. The research shows higher success rates with IVF cycles done in conjunction with acupuncture. I figure I shall leave no stone unturned. I don't want to look back at the end of this cycle and say that there was something else I could have done. Plus it's an hour to an hour and a half that I cannot do anything but relax. I think relaxing is going to be my biggest challenge this month.

BJ asked if I was excited today, and I told him I wasn't. My excitement has evolved into a little anxiety, but also a lot of grit. I feel like I'm in training and getting ready for a major event. I'm more focused on what I can do each day to make my chances that much better. I'm trying to take it one step at a time. I'm also taking lots of deep breaths and trying to stay as calm as possible for the next two weeks which will be really challenging as school kicks back up! Agh!!!

In other news the baby aspirin is definitely working as I now bruise like an old lady when you look at me too hard. I don't even remember running into anything and I have some pretty nasty bruises. I'll have to start making things up so I have a good story when people ask. BJ says I should say I ran into a door knob...he's always so helpful!

Anyway, I'll be accepting good vibes for Thursday! Let's get this party started!

Peace, Love, & Spawning,
MK

4 comments:

  1. Good vibes noted and will be sent out on Thursday!

    By the way, I LOVE that song from RENT. I'll be running off to listen to it right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been meaning to msg you back but swamped at work, these days. Still reading and still praying for you! -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck! Thinking of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK so I am new at all this so it did not show my name but the anonymous above is me ! Shannon :)

    ReplyDelete